Join WNYC (SAT 6PM following All Things Considered), WLRN, WGCU, WBHM, WYSO, KVPR, Wyoming Public Radio and other great stations in adding the new Intelligence Squared Weekly.
Previously available only as specials, the Award-winning Intelligence Square is now a weekly program.
This powerful new weekly offering provides a model for exchanging ideas with civility and respect in the public square – something America needs now more than ever.
Founded in 2006, Intelligence Squared U.S. addresses a fundamental problem in America: the extreme polarization of our nation and our politics.
Over the last year The show experienced a 40% increase in carriage, especially related to debates that are unfolding around us in real time: COVID questions, the economy, and technology trends, just to name a few. Intelligence Squared is restoring balance to our divided nation, and is sparking curiosity with new debates on important cultural, domestic and foreign policy issues
Moderated by Emmy Award winning ABC News correspondent John Donvan, The Intelligence Squared weekly program will present trusted and lively bi-partisan discussions with world thinkers, policy makers and journalists through a mix of formats: Agree To Disagree which features a one-on-one debate; Oxford-style which brings on teams of two; and intimate conversations on questions surrounding debate.
Available: Content Depot & PRX Length: One Hour Cost: FREE
Award-Winning Conversations, Diverse Topics.
Each week on With Good Reason scholars explore the worlds of literature, science, the arts, politics, history, and business through lively discussion with Host Sarah McConnell.
Join WAMU, WAMC, Kansas Public Radio, Utah Public Radio, and the 150+ stations across the country that are engaging their listeners with With Good Reason.
With Good Reason (weekly program, 1 hour or 30 minutes)
Top scholars explore the worlds of literature, science, the arts, politics, history, and business with Host Sarah McConnell guiding the lively conversation. From reparations and global warming, to the unique worlds of comic books and wine-making, With Good Reason is always surprising, challenging and fun.
LENGTH: 1 hour or 30 minutes COST: Free AVAILABLE: Content Depot, PRX, Download, AudioPort WEBSITE: withgoodreasonradio.org
The Hollywood Musical is BACK!
Fans of Broadway and Hollywood music, and the Great American Songbook are Public Radio’s core listeners, and the popularity of musicals has never been higher:
- LA LA Land has won 7 Golden Globes (including “Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy”) and is Nominated for 14 Oscars!
- Recent years have been the best attended and highest grossing in Broadway recorded history;
- Live television productions of Hair, Grease, The Wiz, and The Sound of Music drew huge audiences,
- Good luck getting tickets to Hamilton on Broadway or on the road!
Don’t miss out on this large audience of loyal, affluent, highly educated, culturally passionate and charitable listeners!
Now in it’s 33rd year, Footlight Parade, is Public Radio’s premier syndicated Broadway and Hollywood music program. Each week, Host Bill Rudman calls upon his encyclopedic knowledge, unparalleled collection of recordings, and personal interviews to provide an entertaining and informative program cleverly connected around a theme.
- great music!
- entertaining and insightful anecdotes and stories about the shows and stars;
- Hollywood greats such as Fred Astaire, Danny Kaye, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, and Julie Andrews;
- Broadway stars such as Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jerry Orbach, Idena Menzel, Patti LuPone and Barbara Cook; and
- rare historical recordings of Broadway shows and luminaries such as Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Noel Coward, Al Jolson, and George M. Cohen.
For more information about Footlight Parade, check out our Program Listing.