Footlight Parade: Sounds of the American Musical
Public Radio’s Most Popular and Longest Running Broadway and Hollywood Musical Program
Now Available for Subscription on PRX SubAuto
From Broadway (Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen) to the small screen (Jesus Christ Superstar Live, The Sound of Music Live) to the silver screen (Aladdin, The Lion King), America loves musicals –
Convert this highly educated, culturally passionate and charitable audience into loyal listeners with Footlight Parade: Sounds of the American Musical.
Each week on Footlight Parade: Sounds of the American Musical, Host Bill Rudman delivers an engaging and informative program cleverly connected around a theme.
Footlight Parade features:
- The best of Broadway and Hollywood music including rarely heard recordings.
- Entertaining and insightful backstage stories, anecdotes, and historical perspectives.
- Exclusive archival interviews with, and in-depth profiles of America’s greatest actors, composers, directors and producers, such as Yip Harburg, Barbara Cook, and George Abbott.
For more information, visit: creativepr.org/project/footlight-parade/
Now in its 9th year, Sound Beat has grown steadily to become one of Public Radio’s most popular daily features A free, daily, 90 second feature, Sound Beat highlights the holdings of the Syracuse University Libraries’ Belfer Audio Archive, one of the largest sound archives in the United States.
Like a trip through the history of recorded sound, Sound Beat episodes feature rare and unique recordings from the Archive, and entertaining backstorys detailing their place in recording history.
For more information, visit: https://creativepr.org/project/sound-beat/
Fans of Broadway and Hollywood music, and the Great American Songbook are Public Radio’s core listeners, and the popularity of musicals has never been higher:
- LA LA Land has won 7 Golden Globes (including “Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy”) and is Nominated for 14 Oscars!
- Recent years have been the best attended and highest grossing in Broadway recorded history;
- Live television productions of Hair, Grease, The Wiz, and The Sound of Music drew huge audiences,
- Good luck getting tickets to Hamilton on Broadway or on the road!
Don’t miss out on this large audience of loyal, affluent, highly educated, culturally passionate and charitable listeners!
Now in it’s 33rd year, Footlight Parade, is Public Radio’s premier syndicated Broadway and Hollywood music program. Each week, Host Bill Rudman calls upon his encyclopedic knowledge, unparalleled collection of recordings, and personal interviews to provide an entertaining and informative program cleverly connected around a theme.
- great music!
- entertaining and insightful anecdotes and stories about the shows and stars;
- Hollywood greats such as Fred Astaire, Danny Kaye, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, and Julie Andrews;
- Broadway stars such as Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jerry Orbach, Idena Menzel, Patti LuPone and Barbara Cook; and
- rare historical recordings of Broadway shows and luminaries such as Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Noel Coward, Al Jolson, and George M. Cohen.
For more information about Footlight Parade, check out our Program Listing.