Sound Beat has grown steadily to become one of Public Radio’s most popular daily features A free, daily, 90 second feature, Sound Beat highlights the holdings of the Syracuse University Libraries’ Belfer Audio Archive, one of the largest sound archives in the United States.
Like a trip through the history of recorded sound, Sound Beat episodes feature rare and unique recordings from the Archive, and entertaining backstorys detailing their place in recording history.
For more information, visit: https://creativepr.org/project/sound-beat/
The Children’s Hour, a popular Saturday morning staple of KUNM in Albuquerque, NM for nearly two decadesis now available nationally.
The Children’s Hour is an entertaining and educational weekly, one-hour program created for and with kids that appeals to the whole family. Each episode seeks to entertain while recognizing that almost no topic is too “sophisticated” for children.
- A free, easily accessible weekly educational program for children’s listening.
- Topics are incredibly diverse, focusing on literacy, civic engagement, science, history, theater, and culture, using interviews, storytelling, poetry, music, and discussion.
- The show features young performers and thinkers, as well as adult expert guests.
- Show themes are weaved together with great music.
- Kids participate in all aspects of production, from producing to writing to on-air interviews
For more information, visit HERE.
Tall tales, folk tales, personal tales, historical stories and more from passionate and talented storytellers on The Apple Seed.
THE APPLE SEED
Conversation, music, and stories from around the world
We live in an exciting era of storytelling revival. People are awakening to the power and the fun of listening to stories on stages around the country, at the kitchen table, and on the radio. The Apple Seed is filled with tales gathered from around the world — stories of all kinds — tall tales, fairy tales, folk tales, personal tales, historical tales, and more — along with an invitation to use the stories on the show as inspiration to share stories with each other, all brought to you by award-winning host, musician, and storyteller Sam Payne.
LENGTH: 1 or 2 hours weekly (clean break between hour 1 & hour 2)
AVAILABLE: PRX, AudioPort, FTP Download
Each week on With Good Reason scholars explore the worlds of literature, science, the arts, politics, history, and business through lively discussion with Host Sarah McConnell.
“One of the best radio /podcasts in the nation. National media stars could learn much from your interview style.”
With Good Reason (weekly program, 1 hour or 30 minutes)
From the controversies over slave reparations and global warming, to the unique worlds of comic books and wine-making, With Good Reason is always surprising, challenging and fun!
LENGTH: 1 hour or 30 minutes COST: Free AVAILABLE: Content Depot, PRX, Download, AudioPort WEBSITE: withgoodreasonradio.org
Fans of Broadway and Hollywood music, and the Great American Songbook are Public Radio’s core listeners, and the popularity of musicals has never been higher:
- LA LA Land has won 7 Golden Globes (including “Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy”) and is Nominated for 14 Oscars!
- Recent years have been the best attended and highest grossing in Broadway recorded history;
- Live television productions of Hair, Grease, The Wiz, and The Sound of Music drew huge audiences,
- Good luck getting tickets to Hamilton on Broadway or on the road!
Don’t miss out on this large audience of loyal, affluent, highly educated, culturally passionate and charitable listeners!
Now in it’s 33rd year, Footlight Parade, is Public Radio’s premier syndicated Broadway and Hollywood music program. Each week, Host Bill Rudman calls upon his encyclopedic knowledge, unparalleled collection of recordings, and personal interviews to provide an entertaining and informative program cleverly connected around a theme.
- great music!
- entertaining and insightful anecdotes and stories about the shows and stars;
- Hollywood greats such as Fred Astaire, Danny Kaye, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, and Julie Andrews;
- Broadway stars such as Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jerry Orbach, Idena Menzel, Patti LuPone and Barbara Cook; and
- rare historical recordings of Broadway shows and luminaries such as Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, Noel Coward, Al Jolson, and George M. Cohen.
For more information about Footlight Parade, check out our Program Listing.