The Children’s Hour, a popular Saturday morning staple of KUNM in Albuquerque, NM for nearly two decadesis now available nationally.
The Children’s Hour is an entertaining and educational weekly, one-hour program created for and with kids that appeals to the whole family. Each episode seeks to entertain while recognizing that almost no topic is too “sophisticated” for children.
- A free, easily accessible weekly educational program for children’s listening.
- Topics are incredibly diverse, focusing on literacy, civic engagement, science, history, theater, and culture, using interviews, storytelling, poetry, music, and discussion.
- The show features young performers and thinkers, as well as adult expert guests.
- Show themes are weaved together with great music.
- Kids participate in all aspects of production, from producing to writing to on-air interviews
For more information, visit HERE.
The new season of Ozark Highlands Radio features exclusive live recordings from Taj Mahal, The Secret Sisters, John McEuen, The Seldom Scene, and more.
Ozark Highlands Radio kicked off its 4th Season of new programs in January with:
Banjo Time! Host Dave Smith and banjo royalty Mark Jones explore music of the banjo:
- From its ancient African roots, we’ll follow the banjo’s transition from a slave instrument into the mainstream of American popular and folk music.
- Mark and Dave will guide us through performances by various banjo masters covering a myriad of styles into which the banjo has evolved,
- Mark Jones also offers an archival recording of ubiquitous Ozark banjo legend Bookmiller Shannon performing the tune “Shortnin’ Bread.”
- Writer, musician, and traditional dancer Aubrey Atwater presents “The African American Banjo,” illuminating the African roots of this enduring musical instrument.
For more information, visit our Program page.
Folksinger Michael Johnathon’s WoodSongs Old Time Radio Hour is an hour long, weekly live-audience, Americana format show that presents the best grassroots and acoustic music to our global audience. WoodSongs tapes every Monday night at the Lyric Theater in Lexington, KY. Over the years amazing artists have graced our stage like Brandi Carlile, Judy Collins, Neko Case, Jacob Dylan, Norah Jones, Peter Yarrow, and more. The live performance and conversation with the artists are used to encourage the audience to be involved in art, music and their hometown.
Footlight Parade: Sounds of the American Musical
Public Radio’s Most Popular and Longest Running Broadway and Hollywood Musical Program
Now Available for Subscription on PRX SubAuto
From Broadway (Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen) to the small screen (Jesus Christ Superstar Live, The Sound of Music Live) to the silver screen (Aladdin, The Lion King), America loves musicals –
Convert this highly educated, culturally passionate and charitable audience into loyal listeners with Footlight Parade: Sounds of the American Musical.
Each week on Footlight Parade: Sounds of the American Musical, Host Bill Rudman delivers an engaging and informative program cleverly connected around a theme.
Footlight Parade features:
- The best of Broadway and Hollywood music including rarely heard recordings.
- Entertaining and insightful backstage stories, anecdotes, and historical perspectives.
- Exclusive archival interviews with, and in-depth profiles of America’s greatest actors, composers, directors and producers, such as Yip Harburg, Barbara Cook, and George Abbott.
For more information, visit: creativepr.org/project/footlight-parade/
Now in its 9th year, Sound Beat has grown steadily to become one of Public Radio’s most popular daily features A free, daily, 90 second feature, Sound Beat highlights the holdings of the Syracuse University Libraries’ Belfer Audio Archive, one of the largest sound archives in the United States.
Like a trip through the history of recorded sound, Sound Beat episodes feature rare and unique recordings from the Archive, and entertaining backstorys detailing their place in recording history.
For more information, visit: https://creativepr.org/project/sound-beat/