The pandemic of 2020 has been a major disruption to almost every facet of human life.
In this Hard Times special Ozark Highlands Radio reaches out to various OHR featured artists to discuss the Covid-19 pandemic.
Because of lock-downs and social distancing requirements combined with the nature of their work, touring musicians have been completely shut down. Not only are they dealing with an immediate and unexpected lack of income but also a very uncertain future.
Notable musicians open up about how they, their careers, and their art have been affected by these trying events.
We’ll also hear music from these hard driving gig workers, recorded live at Ozark Folk Center State Park.
- Canadian Ottawa Valley ﬁddler and step dancer April Verch,
- Mark Bilyeu of the Ozark original group “The Creek Rocks,”
- International autoharp maverick and poet Bryan Bowers
- North Carolina oldtime songwriter and clawhammer banjo slinger Joe Newberry, and
- Florida contemporary mountain dulcimer Jedi Bing Futch